Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Obama Nation

Last Tuesday, I had the opportunity to interview Dr. Jerome Corsi. His book, Obama Nation, is the new #1 best seller on the New York Times list. This is a look at Senator Obama from a different angle. It is an inside look at Obama the politician and how an Obama Presidency would effect America.

Why would I interview Dr. Corsi on Prudent Money? It is very simple. We are at a crucial point in this country. Politics are completely out of control on both sides of the aisle. Unfortunately, we are the reason that politics are out of control. We have given the power over to the politicians and not utilized our greatest power - the right to vote.

During the last election only 68% of Americans voted. We need to get out in masses and vote our views and hold these politicians accountable. The problem with politics is the aggressive marketing. Both candidates are marketing sensationalism to garnish your vote.

I want to look past the marketing and see who these candidates are and how they really will stand up to the challenges of being President. So, I first bring you Dr. Corsi's view. Next, I will find someone to give a different look at Senator McCain.

We need to become a country of informed citizens that exercise the right to vote. This next President could really effect your financial situation. We need to make sure (either one) that the right candidate gets elected.

For me, I want a third choice. I think that Obama just doesn't have the experience. I also don't agree with his stance on Christian value issues such as abortion. Unfortunately, he is extremely far to the left on that subject.

At the same time, we need a real leader that will inspire and bring this country back together. I don't think that Senator McCain is the man for that position.

For me, I think that National Security is the BIG issue. This gives Senator McCain for me an advantage.

As far as taxes go, you can complain about what Obama is going to do all day. The reality is that taxes will probably be increased regardless who is President. Unless we have a huge money tree beyond the printing press, we have no way of paying for all of our liabilities.

Take some time and listen to the interview - click here