Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another Bank of America Bait and Switch

I am trying to think of how many stories that I have written about Bank of America and their slight of hand marketing tricks. From their keep the change program that pays only .50% on their savings account to their "no fees" mortgage (but you pay higher interest rates), this is a Bank that should not be trusted.

What I am writing about today, is really not new news. However, I just stumbled upon it and wanted to warn my readers about yet another bad BOA deal. Last year, Bank of America was offering a free checking account. However, free ended up being for a limited time and not as advertized. Come to find out, they started charging $ 5.95 a month for the account in February of this year. The "good" news is that they would waive the fee if you would just transfer over
$ 25 to their savings account each month which only pays .50% while a good rate for a money market pays 5%.

It is unbelievable.