Monday, July 09, 2007

I felt led to talk about financial crisis today on the radio show. I discussed point 1 of my 3 point plan that I feel is important to have as a foundation for the journey back to prudent stewardship. As a result of that topic, I heard some gut wrenching stories today. People are facing some tough situations. If you are one of them, follow along the next few days as I talk about this plan.

Some of this is going to sound obvious. However, it is the obvious that we many times miss.

Point 1 of 3 - The first and most important place to start is in prayer and a re-commitment to God's financial will for your life. This is the starting place. It is very important to get back into the middle of God's financial will for your life. The safest place for you to be is in God’s financial will.

Fortunately, it is a process that has simple beginning. James 4:8 perfectly illustrates the process.

"Come near to God and he will come near to you."

It is that simple. The hardest part is to commit. Keep one thing in mind. You can go through this crisis in or outside of His perfect will. The crisis began when we attempted to do things outside of God's financial will. At least I know that to be true for myself. I would suspect it is true for you as well. It is important to get back to that place of peace and relationship. From there, allow God to direct you through the journey.

That journey might have trails and challenges. Fortunately, that is not bad news. It is all workable because He is guiding you while you learn and grow and become closer to Him. As you stay obedient to Him and committed to his Will, there is nothing that you cannot get through.

It is the power of relationship, belief, and prayer that ultimately heals a financial crisis.