Friday, July 27, 2007

Another Bank of America Complaint

Between paying.5% on their savings accounts to offerring credit cards to illegal aliens, it also seems that Bank of America is getting a little fee happy. An over the limit fee on a savings account? That one is a new one for me. Read more.......

Thank you for the information on Bank of America. I have had an account with them for 10 years and today I think I will switch banks. Today I discovered they assessed me a $27.00 over the limit fee from my savings account. I did not know I had a withdrawal limit from my savings account. I don't recall signing or agreeing to anything that would limit the amount I could withdraw from my savings account. Can you tell me if anyone else you know has had this problem or concern? I had a previous problem with them before when I agreeed to sign up for overdraft protection. I thought what this meant was that if I had insufficient funds in my checking account it would be covered with monies from my savings account. Appparently this wasn't the case because on one occasion I was assessed a $30.00 insufficient funds fee. I don't know what to expect next from this bank. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Also, I know you cannot indorse or recommend another bank to me but what type of services (free checking, etc.) do good banks usually offer?

From Bob - Century Bank is an excellent local bank.