Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Bank of America Games

I received these two emails just within the last two days. These emails highlight in several ways how Bank of America is not consumer friendly. In past blogs, I have illustrated numerous times how this bank creates horrible consumer products and then markets them as the next great thing. Now what are they up to?

Email #1:
My husband and I got behind on a Bank of America credit card several years ago. We then set up a payment plan (auto withdraw from our checking account) every month for two years and we made the payments every month on time. However, they said we were late every month and had dinged our credit each and every month for two years. We recently checked my husband’s credit score (not so good) which is how we found out about the mistake, and realized they had put late payments on his credit. We have proof that the payments were made via bank statements. What we need now is a credit dispute letter. Please let us know if you can help us.

Email #2:
From June 2006 to October 2007, I had payments taken electronically taken out of my account to pay off a Bank of America credit card. I paid them $226.50 every two weeks for about a year or more. I received a statement in the mail from a debt collector saying I still owe Bank of America credit card $310.36. I paid off this debt with the other creditor last October. How can I prove that I paid off this debt? I have tried to call the debt collector who represents Bank of America credit card, but they could not find me in their system. How is that even possible? Help me!

Does this really surprise you? If you are doing business with Bank of America, be careful! Nothing surprises me when it comes to these banks. Don’t forget that it is desperate times for these big banks.

Copyright © 2008 Prudent Money and Bob Brooks. All rights reserved.